H&R Block is one of the biggest names in tax preparation, responsible for preparing a whopping one out of every seven tax returns that are filed in the United States.
- Nearly 60 Years of Industry Experience
- One-on-One Video Conference Support
- Help Filing Returns as Far Back as 1992
- Various Refund Disbursement Options
- Costs Range from $0.00 to $42.46
H&R Block Tax Software
When it comes to tax preparation, H&R Block has been a trusted and revered name for a very long time. With nearly 60 years of experience under their belt, it’s not difficult to imagine a scenario where their service has helped multiple generations of the same family. While the company may seem traditional, it does an excellent job of integrating their tax preparation expertise into the tech-savvy 21st century.
Quick and Easy to Use
H&R Block’s online model for tax preparation is easy to use and getting your refund into your hands happens quickly and efficiently. The service offers a wide array of disbursement options for you to choose from, including checks, direct deposit or a straight deposit to a prepaid card. And in keeping with H&R Block’s old-school mystique, you can drop by one of their 11,000 offices and have one of their more than 100,000 tax professionals file your taxes for you, should you prefer not to submit your paperwork through e-filing.
Costs and Pricing
There is a free version of the software that enables you to prepare, print and e-file, and comes with access to free live tax advice and audit support.
- Basic: $29.95 (includes federal software and e-file) + $39.95 per state tax software module + $19.95 state e-file (Windows and Mac).
- Deluxe: $54.95 (includes federal and one state software) + $19.95 for state e-file. An additional state return costs an extra $39.95 each (Windows and Mac).
- Premium: $74.95 (includes federal and one state software) + $19.95 for state e-file. An additional state return costs an extra $36.95 each (Windows and Mac).
- Premium & Business: $89.95 (includes federal and one state software) + $19.95 for state e-file. An additional state return costs an extra $36.95 each (Windows only).
Customer Support & Help
Of course H&R Block offers the ability to visit one of their many offices and see a tax professional personally, but their online system is equally pervasive and effective. In addition to personal and online support and service, they also offer live one-on-one in-home interaction via video chat in order to bring that famous office-bound face time to your own residence, although it should be noted that this service is not free and starts out at $39. There is a great deal of information on the website, too, in the form of tax articles, tips and a tax blog.
Final Review of H&R Block
There is a reason why H&R Block has been providing tax support for nearly six decades – they certainly know what they are doing. Their expertise shines through their one-on-one office support as well as through their online tax software. Smartly designed, easy to use and equipped with many avenues of assistance, the company’s online model is everything that you may expect from H&R Block, and then some. Capable of handling any tax need, H&R Block is there for its customers. Thank you for reading our H&R Block review.