It’s easy to get frustrated as a Shopify store owner when no one buys anything from you. Or visits your website.
The good news is, you can get more customers by using Shopify SEO. Sounds complicated? Well, not exactly.
Research shows that most businesses in Hong Kong rely on SEO to take their business to the next level. With every passing day, these numbers rise- and you can be among the enterprise owners who benefit from Shopify SEO!
What is SEO?
First things first. If you are new to online marketing, you have probably never heard of SEO. And if you have, you are no doubt curious about what it is as well as how it works.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the act of growing the quality and quantity of traffic to your site through non-paid search engine results.
Search Engine Optimization is basically about learning what individuals seek online, the replies they are searching for, the words they use, and the kind of content they want to consume.
Having the answers to all these queries guarantees that you can better connect with your customers and potential clients.
What’s the Importance of Search Engine Optimization?
Here are some of the benefits of Shopify SEO to Shopify store owners:
- It helps grow your brand. The higher you rank on a search engine for an array of high-volume keywords, the more non-paid or ‘organic’ web traffic your website will get.
- It makes your website more visible to clients and potential clients alike. It does this by enabling you to rank higher in search results.
- SEO helps communicate the service or item you are offering, plus how a customer can get it and any questions around it.
- Since you rank higher, you gain the trust of potential customers. Users usually defer to the suggestions of a search engine.
- Shopify SEO increases your non-paid engine traffic, which causes the number of visitors who view your page daily to rise. This has a significant impact on sales as the more people view your site, the higher your likelihood of selling your items to them.
So how can you optimize your Shopify SEO? Here are some tips you can use:
1) Register your Store with Bing Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console
Both Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools help improve the visibility of your website.
This is a crucial move as, by registering with them, you inform them that your website exists and are seeing to it that it gets crawled.
All search engines have a crawler that collects details on all the information on the Net. This crawler takes the info to the search engine for it to come up with an index. This index is passed on to an algorithm that tries to match the entire data with your specific question.
Read More: Cheap Alternative of Shopify
2) Make Use of SSL
SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, is a standard technology for keeping an internet connection safe. It also safeguards any fragile data sent between two systems, therefore, hindering cybercriminals from accessing and altering any details exchanged, including sensitive personal information.
Search engines have a preference for websites that use SSL (or ‘https://’) over those that do not in search results.
You can secure your Shopify site with an SSL certificate, which, thankfully, Shopify will offer you.
3) Improve the ‘Dwell Time’ of Your Site
Shopify SEO experts agree that the longer the dwell time, the better your content’s performance in search results.
You can use a couple of techniques for your Shopify site to garner as much attention as possible. They include:
- Including some catchy videos on your site about the benefits of the products
- Encouraging users to leave comments on your posts at the bottom of your page
- Provide interesting content, be it flawless images or engaging blog posts written in a friendly tone
- Employ a simple navigation structure for users to move from one section of your website to another easily
4) Pay Special Attention to Keywords
When it comes to Shopify SEO, keywords are everything. A top way to enhance your Shopify site’s performance is to ensure that it has the keywords that people seek. For this to be possible, you will have to do a keyword research.
There are three main details you should find out during a keyword research. First is how hard it will be to rank every keyword.
Next are the keywords that other people are using to search for content and items similar to yours. Finally, the volume of searches for those keywords.